Electricians Serving Temecula & Murrieta
|Posted on July 11, 2015 at 12:25 AM||comments (3858)|
What does it take to be an expert at electrical troubleshooting. When it comes to troubleshooting an electrical problem there really is no magic bullet. What is needed is time and experience. To effectively troubleshoot an electrical issue you must first understand how electricity works. You need to understand electrical code as well as electrical theory. To properly troubleshoot you need the right tools and the knowledge of knowing where to begin. At HB Electric we have what it takes to quickly and effectively solve your electrical problems fast. When hiring an electrician to solve your electrical problems it is important that they know their stuff. It may be tempting to have your problem looked at by a handyman or other semi skilled tradesman but if they don,t know what their looking for it could turn out worse for you in the long run. Our sugestion is....Hire a professional from the start. A skilled electrician will get your problem solved faster and safely, which will save you money when it's all said and done.
|Posted on December 31, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
HB Electric would like to thank all of our valued customers for such a great year in 2014. Thanks to you all we were able to serve the electrical needs over 230 new customers this year and over 65 repeat customers from the previous years. Thank you for such a great year and for supporting local small businesses like ours in the community.
#1). Murrieta ranks #1 for our electrical services this year comming in at over 100 new customers who used our electrical services in 2014.
#2). Temecula came in 2nd place with over 65 new customers.
#3). Wildomar trailed in 3rd with over 40 new customers who called us for their electrical and lighting needs.
We were also blessed to serve the electrical needs of Menifee, Canyon Lake, Lake Elsinore and Winchester, CA in 2014. Thank you all for using our electrical services and helping HB Electric rank in the top 10 online search results for local electrical service providers.
So if you live in Murrieta, Temecula or Menifee and are looking for a great electrician we ask that you contact HB Electric. Our services include lighting, Panel upgrades, repairs, New construction, Commercial services, Whole house fans, Spa hookups and more. We are Highly experienced electricians and capable of meeting all of your commercial and residential electrical needs.
|Posted on January 23, 2014 at 1:05 AM||comments (4)|
How to restore power in your home! Before you call the electrician
Try these few simple steps and you could avoid unecessary, costly electrical service fees. I cannot tell you how many service calls We get every year that could be resolved in just a few simple steps. Here is one of the most common electrical problems we encounter over and over again.
The power is out to several outlets in your home.
1). Go to the electrical panel and open the cover
2). Flip each circuit breaker to the off position
3). One at a time flip each circuit breaker back to the on position
4). Go back into the house and check for power using a lamp or other electric device if you do not have a voltage tester
If this did not solve the problem complet the following steps 5 through 8
5). Search every room of your home for a GFCI outlet. (GFCI outlets are most commonly found in bathrooms, kitchens and garages).
6). Once you have located the GFCI outlet push the button labeled "TEST"located on the device
7). Now push the button labeled "RESET" located on the device
8 ). Go back through your home and check the outlets again using the same method as step 5
*Note: If the GFCI will not reset you either have a short in the circuit or there is no power to the GFCI. At this point you shoud contact a local electrician to troubleshoot the circuit.
|Posted on March 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM||comments (392)|
Whole House Electrical Surge Protection For Temecula Area Homes – We Repair And Install Power Surge Suppressors in Temecula, Murrieta and the surrounding areas.
Lets face it! It happens unexpectedly and without warning. Power spikes, electrical surges, and damaged electrical appliances and devices are all that you are left with.
Recently Temecula experienced a large power surge which affected many homes within the Harveston area. The phones would not stop ringing, electricians could not respond fast enough and circuit breakers were flying off the shelfs of the local hardware stores like they were going out of style. Many homeowners ended up with thousands of dollars worth of losses in electrical appliances and other electronic devices and no one is stepping up to pay for it. Well we would like you to know that not everyone was affected by this power surge. Why? You ask.
Because they had a whole house surge protector that absorbed this spike and protected their personal belongings inside of the house.
A complete house surge protector will save your sensitive electronics from dangerous power surges in your home and it would cost you less than a days trip to the San Diego Zoo with the family.
At Edward Electric we offer same day service and we can install a single surge suppressor at your electrical panel to protect your entire home from the next power surge. You can have peace of mind knowing your flat screen TV, computer equipment, home theater system and other sensitive electronics are protected during the next electrical surge.
A whole house power surge protector will protect valuable electrical equipment and extend the life of your electronics from dangerous lightning strikes and power surges. Here are a few points to consider when thinking about home surge protection...
- Many California homeowner policies do not cover damage from power surges and you can bet That Southern California Edison isn't going to pick up the tab for your damaged property.
- Many insurance companies offer discounted rates for homes with surge protection
- The average home is hit with over 20 energy spikes a day, which over time decreases the life of your electronic appliances and devices.
- You can expect to get 30% more life out of your electrical appliances with whole house surge suppression
- A large electrical spike from up to a mile away can damage your homes sensitive electrical appliances and devices
- Surge arrestors are a smart and inexpensive way to protect all the electronics within your home
- We offer same day service and installation of your Temecula CA whole house surge protection
If you live in Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee or Lake Elsinore and are interested in whole house surge protection give us a call: 951-285-2708. Our complete home surge protection packages range from $349 to $499 depending on your homes particular needs.
|Posted on March 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM||comments (46)|
So when do you need to upgrade your electrical panel?
An electrical panel upgrade is a big deal. Many times a panel upgrade is not necessary and can cost you anywhere from $1500 to $3500 depending on your situation. So here is what you need to do if you think you might need an upgrade. Read through the following common reasons that you may in fact need to upgrade your panel. If after you have gone through this free information you are still unsure drop by our forum and see if you can get the answer you are looking for. At HB Electric we believe in helping our customers save time, money and headaches, that is why we strive to educate our customers about the most common electrical problems and solutions.
Reasons you may need to upgrade your electrical panel…
- You have a Zinsco, Federal Pacific or Sylvania electrical panel.
- Your panel has fuses instead of circuit breakers
- Your breakers are over heating and melting
- You added solar panels to your home
- Your panel is less than 100 amps
- You have recently completed a home addition
- Your main breaker keeps tripping
- Lighting and power keeps flickering inside of you home
- The inside of your panel has a strong burnt odor or has visible heat damage
- You have added large home appliances to your older home such as an electric oven, spa, air conditioning, etc…
If you think you may need an electrical panel upgrade get in touch with a trusted local electrician who will give you the right solution for your situation. Be upfront with them and let them know that you are expecting an honest evaluation and that you would like to avoid upgrading unless you absolutely have to. If you would like to work with an electrician in Temecula, Murrieta or surrounding areas give us a call and we would be happy to give you an honest evaluation of your homes electrical panel.
|Posted on||comments (3)|
Does LED lighting really save on my electric bill?
You better believe it does. We recently retrofitted our own home with a total of (63) 13watt LED light bulbs. Our electric bill imediately went from averaging $100 per month to around $73 per month. That is a savings of over 25% off of our montly electrical bill. So how much did it cost us? We spent a total of $365 for 64 LED bulbs from Lowes. With bulbs that are going to last for the next 12 to 16 years we will se a return on our investment in just under 13 months. Over the next 15 years we will have saved $4356 on our electrical bill. Wow! Now that is some serious savings.
Here are some simple ways that you can save big on your electrical biil over the years to come....
- Replace all of your incandescent light bulbs with long lasting low wattage LED light bulbs
- Install new light fixtures that have fewer number of bulbs in each fixture. ( for example many bathroom vanity fixtures have multiple bulbs when only a few are actually needed to brighten up the room)
- Install dimmer switches in the living room, dinning room and family rooms.
- Install auto timer switches for outdoor lighting
- Install occupancy senor switches in bathrooms hallways and closets
- Install attic fans to keep the home cooler during the heat of the day and lighten the load of your AC unit
- Install a whole house fan to quickly cool your home in the evening and early morning hours limiting the need for running your high cost AC unit
- Install timers on outdoor water fountains
- Exchange your electrical appliances for gas appliances