Electricians Serving Temecula & Murrieta
|Posted on March 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM|
So when do you need to upgrade your electrical panel?
An electrical panel upgrade is a big deal. Many times a panel upgrade is not necessary and can cost you anywhere from $1500 to $3500 depending on your situation. So here is what you need to do if you think you might need an upgrade. Read through the following common reasons that you may in fact need to upgrade your panel. If after you have gone through this free information you are still unsure drop by our forum and see if you can get the answer you are looking for. At HB Electric we believe in helping our customers save time, money and headaches, that is why we strive to educate our customers about the most common electrical problems and solutions.
Reasons you may need to upgrade your electrical panel…
- You have a Zinsco, Federal Pacific or Sylvania electrical panel.
- Your panel has fuses instead of circuit breakers
- Your breakers are over heating and melting
- You added solar panels to your home
- Your panel is less than 100 amps
- You have recently completed a home addition
- Your main breaker keeps tripping
- Lighting and power keeps flickering inside of you home
- The inside of your panel has a strong burnt odor or has visible heat damage
- You have added large home appliances to your older home such as an electric oven, spa, air conditioning, etc…
If you think you may need an electrical panel upgrade get in touch with a trusted local electrician who will give you the right solution for your situation. Be upfront with them and let them know that you are expecting an honest evaluation and that you would like to avoid upgrading unless you absolutely have to. If you would like to work with an electrician in Temecula, Murrieta or surrounding areas give us a call and we would be happy to give you an honest evaluation of your homes electrical panel.