Electricians Serving Temecula & Murrieta
Does LED lighting really save on my electric bill?
You better believe it does. We recently retrofitted our own home with a total of (63) 13watt LED light bulbs. Our electric bill imediately went from averaging $100 per month to around $73 per month. That is a savings of over 25% off of our montly electrical bill. So how much did it cost us? We spent a total of $365 for 64 LED bulbs from Lowes. With bulbs that are going to last for the next 12 to 16 years we will se a return on our investment in just under 13 months. Over the next 15 years we will have saved $4356 on our electrical bill. Wow! Now that is some serious savings.
Here are some simple ways that you can save big on your electrical biil over the years to come....
- Replace all of your incandescent light bulbs with long lasting low wattage LED light bulbs
- Install new light fixtures that have fewer number of bulbs in each fixture. ( for example many bathroom vanity fixtures have multiple bulbs when only a few are actually needed to brighten up the room)
- Install dimmer switches in the living room, dinning room and family rooms.
- Install auto timer switches for outdoor lighting
- Install occupancy senor switches in bathrooms hallways and closets
- Install attic fans to keep the home cooler during the heat of the day and lighten the load of your AC unit
- Install a whole house fan to quickly cool your home in the evening and early morning hours limiting the need for running your high cost AC unit
- Install timers on outdoor water fountains
- Exchange your electrical appliances for gas appliances